Alba

 

 

Alba has been described by many people as 'The nicest Double Dilute Stallion I have seen', which speaks for itself!


2005 Perlino Hungarian Warmblood Colt.
What is a Perlino, I hear many people ask. A perlino, like a cremello, is a double dilute but rather than having a base coat of chestnut like a cremello, a perlino has a base coat colour of bay.
Alba has been DNA colour tested as 'Ee AA CrCr'. Being a double dilute (CrCr) means he will always pass on a single dilute gene to his offspring. For those not familiar with colour genetics, a single dilute is a Palomino, Buckskin (commonly mistaken for Dun in the UK) or a Smokey Black. Alba also carrys the Red and Black factor (Ee). As if this isn't good enough in itself, he is also homozygous for the Agouti gene (AA) and therefore he will also always pass an Agouti gene to his offspring. This means that non of Alba's foals will be Smokey Blacks. Smokey Blacks are the least desirable of all the single dilute colours as this colour is often indistinguishable from any other non diluted black/brown horse. Alba can produce Palominos or Buckskins foals to standard solid coloured mares and Cremellos or Perlinos to mares that pass on a dilute gene. He can also produce diluted tobianos or spotty's should the mare pass on either of those genes.


What this actually means is; Mares that only carry the black factor (EE) when crossed with Alba will always produce Buckskins. Mares that carry the black and red factor (Ee) will have a 75% chance of producing a Buckskin and 25% chance of producing a Palomino, whilst Chestnut mares (ee) will have a 50% chance of either producing a Palomino or a Buckskin. Having produced his first crop of foals it now seems that Alba also carries the Sabino gene which is an exciting addition we didn't realise we were getting.

 

Alba is a stunning stallion, and comes from some rather impressive showjumping and dressage lines, as can be seen on his ancestors page (link below). He has an exceptionally laid back attitude which he passes onto his foals. He also has outstanding paces and wonderful conformation. To make 16.2hh. Alba is a modern type compact stallion. Alba has just started under saddle and is proving very willing and trainable, his temperment really is second to none.


Click here to see Alba's Progeny >>>



Click here to see Alba's Ancestors >>>



200 NFFR - Licensed with the British Palomino Society. As of July 2010 Alba has been sold so all free returns will be to one of our current stallions for 2011 or can be deferred to one of our stallions for 2012.



To calculate the possible offspring coat colour for your mare click here >>>

 

FULL PEDIGREE DETAILS:

Alba

Hungarian Warmblood
To make 16.2 hh
2005 Perlino Double Dilute

100% colour guaranteed

 

 

 

Radihaza Martaloc-13

Martaloc

Marlon

Tamerlane

Maralinni

Diane

Hetman

Gluecksperle

Solymasz I Angyom

Biharkeresztes-330

Solymasz

Lepke

Abrandos

Spalato

Abrand

Usi

Aladdin

Goliath

Boston

Riletta

Star

Talar

Helga H.10

Nelli

Ramzes Junior II-2

 

Ramzes Junior-46

Keszthely Ciklamen

Hatalom Penelope

Hatalom

Hullam-52 Pajzan

Since Sept 06